Sayona Mining announced its backing of the ramp-up plan for its North American Lithium joint venture in Quebec, Canada, following an operational review.

The company aims to optimise production and lower costs at the facility to achieve steady-state production within the year.

Despite lower lithium demand in late 2023 and early 2024, the plant has yet to reach full production since its output resumed in 2023.

Sayona Mining owns 75% of North American Lithium, while Piedmont Lithium (ASX:PLL) holds the remaining 25%.